What is Flat Roofing Maintenance?
Simply put it is taking care of your roof so that the roof lasts for its intended lifetime. Even a new roof needs to be looked at, at least once per year. The best flat roofing maintenance program is inspecting the roof semi-annually and after any major event.
- Things that are addressed during a annual/semi annual inspection would include:
- The field of the roof. Check for signs of hail damage, delamination, or excessive traffic.
- Seams. Seams will be visually inspected to look for defects.
- Penetrations. Any thing that penetrated the roof surface including plumbing vents and HVAC units
- Drainage. Make sure the drains are free flowing and drain basket is free from debris.
- Flashings. Inspect wall flashing and metal flashings for defects.